The Student News Site of Powhatan High School

Arrowhead

Breaking News
  • May 23PHS Graduation tonight at 7PM! We are so proud of you!
  • May 23Congrats to Girls Lax for going to States for the 3rd year in a row!!
  • May 23Congrats to the Class of '24 for over 5 Million Dollars in Grants and Scholarships!
  • May 23All students please return your PHS library books due to summer and to avoid fees

Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Photo of the day
Photo of the day
May 23, 2024
Photo of the Day
Photo of the Day
May 21, 2024

PHS Girls Tennis Team Kicking Off The Spring Sports Season

powhatan.tennis instagram
PHS Girls Tennis Team Photo looking up at the solar eclipse

Spring sports are on their way and PHS girls tennis has wasted no time. On April 9 Powhatan’s tennis team went up against Clover Hill High School, which was also the day of the solar eclipse and their team photo.

They are fighting hard and have been putting in their hard work conditioning and practicing since February 18. So far they have won against Lloyd C. Bird and Manchester.

The girls team’s latest match was Friday April 12 at 3pm at Powhatan High School. They  helped raise awareness about the importance of mental health in athletics at this match on Friday, where they played against James River High School. Unfortunately for Powhatan, James River won but Powhatan was and still is giving it their all.

You can stay updated if you follow their instagram account @powhatan.tennis for their match times. Hope to see more people coming out to support our girls tennis team!