The Student News Site of Powhatan High School

Arrowhead

Breaking News
  • February 29STEM night is Tonight, 2/29, at PHS from 5-7!
  • February 29Congratulations to the the show choirs for another successful competition at Thomas Dale's Commonwealth Choir Invitational.
  • February 26The VSBA Personal Essay/Speaking Contest is open to all Public High School students. The top finalist will receive a $1,000 Scholarship! More details are on Schoology.

Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Photo of the Day
Photo of the Day
March 4, 2024

Mrs. DeHart 2023-2024 teacher of the year

On November 27 Mrs. DeHart was announced Powhatan High School’s 2023-2024 teacher of the year!

When asked how she felt after receiving the title she said, “It is exciting and I feel honored that I have been chosen. I was a Powhatan graduate, I have worked here for several years and I love Powhatan.”

Mrs. DeHart has been a dedicated teacher here at Powhatan High School for three years teaching Biology Honors and AP Environmental Science. She is very involved at the school and sponsors the Leftovers club, the Science National Honor Society, and is the science department chair.

Her love of community along with her love of learning is what inspired her to be a teacher. Mrs. DeHart’s interest in science makes her coursework and labs inspire her students to enjoy learning different types of science.

Students love Mrs. Dehart not just for her excellent teaching, but also because she really gets to know her students and wants them to succeed. They are so excited for their teacher to get this title.

A current student in one of Mrs. DeHart’s AP Environmental Science classes told the Arrowhead, “I am so proud that Mrs. DeHart got this award, she deserves it with the level of commitment she puts into her teaching.”

Congratulations Mrs. Dehart!