The Student News Site of Powhatan High School

Arrowhead

Breaking News
  • May 16Are you interested in running Cross Country next year? There will be a cross country team interest meeting on Tuesday, May 21st in L100 during Indian Time.
  • May 16Congrats to Madalyn Johnson for breaking the PHS strikeout record!
  • May 16Girls Lax secures #1 seed with their win over Cosby!
  • May 8Be aware of schedule changes next Tuesday-Friday due to SOLS!

Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Mothers Day
Mother's Day
May 17, 2024
Photo of the Day
Photo of the Day
May 16, 2024
Photo of the Day
Photo of the Day
May 13, 2024

Met Gala

Met Gala

The Met Gala is an annual event that occurs on the first Monday of May. This year it was May 6th, 2024. This year the theme was Garden of Time. The Met Gala is a fundraiser for the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. The Met Gala celebrated the Costume Institute’s new exhibition ” Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion.”

So many amazing stars attended the event. Some attendees were Lewis Hamilton, Kendall Jenner, Bad Bunny, Kylie Jenner, Kim Kardashian, Lana Del Rey, Sydney Sweny, Sabrina carpenter, Chris Hemsworth, Cardi B, and many more.

Tyla and her sand dress

Zendaya showed up with two beautiful looks. Tyla came with an amazing dress made out of real sand, stealing the show for her first Met Gala. Elle Fanning, Emma Chamberlain, Jennifer Lopez, Gigi Hadid, Doja Cat, Ryan Gosling and so many more came dressed fully on theme.

Katy Perry’s AI dress 2
Katy Perry’s AI dress 1

Ariana Grande showed up in  a beautiful gown and performed at the Gala as well. For others who did not attend, AI has created photos making it seem as though they were. Two photos are circulating of Katy Perry at the Gala though she did not attend. The photos are created to be realistic. So many gorgeous people attended that night. We are all so excited for next years looks and themes. To see everyone’s amazing looks you can go to https://www.vogue.com/tag/event/met-gala to take a look at everyone that was there and everyone’s interpretations on the theme of 2024.