The Student News Site of Powhatan High School

Arrowhead

Breaking News
  • May 20There will be a mandatory Indian Time meeting on Tuesday May 21st in the Main Gym for any student who is taking SUMMER online PE9 or 10.
  • May 20Anyone interested in trying out for Cheerleading please come to a meeting during Indian Time on Wednesday May 22 in the Commons
  • May 16Are you interested in running Cross Country next year? There will be a cross country team interest meeting on Tuesday, May 21st in L100 during Indian Time.
  • May 16Congrats to Madalyn Johnson for breaking the PHS strikeout record!
  • May 16Girls Lax secures #1 seed with their win over Cosby!
  • May 8Be aware of schedule changes next Tuesday-Friday due to SOLS!

Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Mothers Day
Mother's Day
May 17, 2024
Photo of the Day
Photo of the Day
May 16, 2024
Photo of the Day
Photo of the Day
May 13, 2024

Taylor Swift releases new album “The Tortured Poets Department”

Taylor Swift released her eleventh studio album “The Tortured Poets Department” on Friday, April 19 at midnight. The album includes 16 new songs with 2 featured artists. Post Malone on the single “Fortnight” and Florence and the Machine on “Florida”.

She announced The Tortured Poets Department at the 66th annual Grammys when she won Best Pop Vocal album for Midnights. Leading up to the album she released all of the track names and various merchandise such as physical copies of the album including vinyls in multiple variants, cassette tapes, and cd’s.

On the night of the release after the album had dropped, Taylor Swift dropped another version of the album at 3am called The Tortured Poets Department: The Anthology. This version of the album included 15 additional songs.

This album was highly anticipated because in early 2023 Taylor Swift’s 6 year relationship with Joe Alwyn ended and fans have been speculating for months about what ended the relationship. Fan were hoping The Tortured Poets Department would provide some clarity on why Taylor and Joe broke up.

Taylor alludes to Joe and the breakup in many of the songs on the album such as “So Long London” and “loml”. Surprisingly though, many of the songs on the album are suspected to be about Taylor’s short fling with Matty Healy. They briefly dated in the Summer of 2023 while Taylor was touring for the Eras Tour.

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are still going strong and it is apparent in the song “The Alchemy” and “So High School”.

Overall it seems The Tortured Poets Department is a huge hit and we cant wait to see what Taylor Swift does next. Whether that is announcing Reputation (Taylor’s Version) or starting her next leg of the Eras Tour.