The Student News Site of Powhatan High School

Arrowhead

Breaking News
  • April 8Auditions for the Show Choir 2024/2025 school year will take place after school in the choir room April 15th, 16th, and 17th
  • March 28A college campus safety professional will be holding an informational session in the auditorium on Friday 4/12. Junior and Senior girls are encouraged to attend. The link to sign up is on Schoology.
  • March 25Feeling Lucky with 26! The sophomore class has extended their raffle for a pot of gold containing various gift cards. Buy tickets at the Concession Stand in the mornings. 1 for $1, 5 for $3, or 10 for $5. Drawing will be held after Spring Break.
  • March 18April 19th is the 6th annual Mr. Powhatan competition! If you are a boy in any grade interested in competing, find the signups posted around the school, or on Instagram.
  • March 18Outside Guest Forms for Prom will be available in PHS' Main Office starting tomorrow, 3/18.
  • February 26The VSBA Personal Essay/Speaking Contest is open to all Public High School students. The top finalist will receive a $1,000 Scholarship! The deadline is April 17th.

Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Photo of the Day
Photo of the Day
April 11, 2024
Photo of the day
Photo of the day
April 9, 2024

Beyoncé Taking The Music Industry By Storm

On February 11th, Beyoncé dropped 2 singles. She is taking her music into another direction by transitioning to country music. Beyoncé released “Texas Hold ‘Em” along with “16 Carriages.”

The song “Texas Hold ‘Em” started trending rapidly. These songs are a preview into her upcoming album called “Act II”. Her upcoming album is a part two of a three part project. 

The first part or act is her album Renaissance which she released July 22, 2022. Her tour for her album ended October 1st 2023. The Renaissance album is considered to be R&B while Act II is going the country direction and Act III is going into the Rock genre. 

Beyoncé is really taking the music industry by storm. Her second Act is coming out March 29, 2024. Act III release date has not been announced yet. Beyoncé fans have a lot to look forward to.