The Student News Site of Powhatan High School

Arrowhead

Breaking News
  • April 8Auditions for the Show Choir 2024/2025 school year will take place after school in the choir room April 15th, 16th, and 17th
  • March 28A college campus safety professional will be holding an informational session in the auditorium on Friday 4/12. Junior and Senior girls are encouraged to attend. The link to sign up is on Schoology.
  • March 25Feeling Lucky with 26! The sophomore class has extended their raffle for a pot of gold containing various gift cards. Buy tickets at the Concession Stand in the mornings. 1 for $1, 5 for $3, or 10 for $5. Drawing will be held after Spring Break.
  • March 18April 19th is the 6th annual Mr. Powhatan competition! If you are a boy in any grade interested in competing, find the signups posted around the school, or on Instagram.
  • March 18Outside Guest Forms for Prom will be available in PHS' Main Office starting tomorrow, 3/18.
  • February 26The VSBA Personal Essay/Speaking Contest is open to all Public High School students. The top finalist will receive a $1,000 Scholarship! The deadline is April 17th.

Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Photo of the Day
Photo of the Day
April 11, 2024
Photo of the day
Photo of the day
April 9, 2024

PHS Choral Department sang their way to success this past weekend!

Congratulations to the PHS Choral Department on their recent achievements this past weekend! On Sunday, 2/25, PHS Stand Still Choir competed at the Commonwealth Choir Invitational at Thomas Dale High School. One Voice Concert Choir had an amazing performance and placed 2nd in the Concert Choir division. “UnPlugged” competed in the A-Cappella division and took home 1st place as well as Best Vocal Tone!

For the second competition in a row, Junior Sydni Goodall won Best Soloist. Finally, James Elam, Gisele Engen, and Zoe Pollard brought home Best Performer awards at Clover Hill’s Mid Atlantic Show Choir Spectacular.

Way to go PHS! Congratulations to those who brought home awards this past weekend. Great job Indians!