The Student News Site of Powhatan High School

Arrowhead

Breaking News
  • April 8Auditions for the Show Choir 2024/2025 school year will take place after school in the choir room April 15th, 16th, and 17th
  • March 28A college campus safety professional will be holding an informational session in the auditorium on Friday 4/12. Junior and Senior girls are encouraged to attend. The link to sign up is on Schoology.
  • March 25Feeling Lucky with 26! The sophomore class has extended their raffle for a pot of gold containing various gift cards. Buy tickets at the Concession Stand in the mornings. 1 for $1, 5 for $3, or 10 for $5. Drawing will be held after Spring Break.
  • March 18April 19th is the 6th annual Mr. Powhatan competition! If you are a boy in any grade interested in competing, find the signups posted around the school, or on Instagram.
  • March 18Outside Guest Forms for Prom will be available in PHS' Main Office starting tomorrow, 3/18.
  • February 26The VSBA Personal Essay/Speaking Contest is open to all Public High School students. The top finalist will receive a $1,000 Scholarship! The deadline is April 17th.

Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Photo of the Day
Photo of the Day
April 11, 2024
Photo of the day
Photo of the day
April 9, 2024

Annual PHS STEM Night

On February 29, PHS hosted its annual STEM Night! Elementary and middle schoolers were invited to the high school to participate in fun STEM themed activities. Multiple clubs and honor societies volunteered and came up with interactive activities for the kids!

Some things that were offered were painting with robots, flying drones, making slime, watching someone dissect a part of an animal, and so many more amazing activities. We are so excited for what they plan on doing next year!