The Student News Site of Powhatan High School

Arrowhead

Breaking News
  • May 23PHS Graduation tonight at 7PM! We are so proud of you!
  • May 23Congrats to Girls Lax for going to States for the 3rd year in a row!!
  • May 23Congrats to the Class of '24 for over 5 Million Dollars in Grants and Scholarships!
  • May 23All students please return your PHS library books due to summer and to avoid fees

Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Photo of the day
Photo of the day
May 23, 2024
Photo of the Day
Photo of the Day
May 21, 2024

The Marvels Review

The Marvels Review

Friday November 10 the newest Marvel movie, The Marvels, was released into theaters. In The Marvels Monica Rambeau (Teyonah Parris), Captain Marvel (Brie Larson), and Kamala Khan(Iman Vellan) have become entangled and everytime they use their powers they switch places no matter the distance between them.They have to figure out how and why their powers are connected, and then work together to save the universe. 

I would rate The Marvels a 4 out of 5. It was a fun watch, although if you prefer older marvel movies that have less science fiction and are more serious such as Thor 1 and 2, the Iron Man series, and the Captain America franchise, this movie may not be for you. However, you should give it a chance for its humorous comedy and realistic action scenes.

This movie is worth watching because there is a lot of character development portrayed. Director Nia DaCosta did such a great job capturing this film. I am so excited to see what direction the studio is taking after this movie and can’t wait for the next Marvel movies coming up!