The Student News Site of Powhatan High School

Arrowhead

Breaking News
  • May 28Track runner Jackson Morris qualified for the state tournament this week at Liberty University.
  • May 28Boys tennis player Jamison Wallace won the individual boys regional title for the second year in a row. He competes in the state tournament this week.
  • May 28Softball plays in the regional semifinals Tuesday v. Atlee at home at 5pm. If you are able, come out and see them play
  • May 28Girls Lacrosse lost a heartbreaking regional final 14-13 to Hanover Friday. They play at Rockbridge in the state quarterfinals on Friday
  • May 23Congrats to Girls Lax for going to States for the 3rd year in a row!!
  • May 23Congrats to the Class of '24 for over 5 Million Dollars in Grants and Scholarships!
  • May 23All students please return your PHS library books due to summer and to avoid fees

Arrowhead

Arrowhead

Photo of the day
Photo of the day
May 28, 2024
Photo of the day
Photo of the day
May 23, 2024

Seniors reclaim the Spirit Stick

Seniors take back the spirit stick from the freshman at this year’s Homecoming Pep Rally. The Pep Rally started off with an amazing performance from the PHS Cheerleaders. Some of our faculty joined the Indianettes for our annual teacher dance.

And what is a pep rally without competition? This year the new game was Magic Carpet where students from each class lay on towels and another student pulled them across the gym. Ultimately, the sophomores took the prize.

The games ended with our annual tradition of tug a war. The finale came down to the Juniors vs the Sophomores with Juniors taking the win.

From school spirit to cries of victory, PHS knows exactly how to celebrate a pep rally. While it was close, the Seniors took back the spirit stick and won the pep rally! Casey Grell, senior at Powhatan High school, announced her class win with joy and pride.

While our pep rallies look effortless so much work goes on behind the scenes that nobody sees. A huge shout out to SGA, Ms. Wilson, Ms Jacobs, Ms. Davoud, the SGA student officers, and all of the performance groups. All of these people work so hard to make our pep rallies happen. Go Indians!!